This is one of my go-to dinners lately. It is SO simple, I feel weird even posting it right now as a ‘recipe’. But I just had to share it with all of you guys. Work has been so busy lately that I’ve been trying to come up with quick and easy recipes that don’t require using 30 different dishes that you have to wash later.
I LOVE blackened chicken, it makes the chicken nice and spicy and goes perfectly with some creamy alfredo and parmesan. I added the broccoli to make it a little healthy. The blackened chicken is so versatile, you can make extra for the week and use it for salads, quesadillas, etc.
- 1 lb pasta (I used shells but you can use any kind)
- 1 14.5 oz jar of alfredo sauce
- 1 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Liberally coat chicken breasts with blackening seasoning
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and bake chicken for 25-30 minutes
- While chicken is baking, boil pasta AND broccoli in salted water according to directions on box for the pasta
- Drain and return to pot
- Once chicken is done, let cool slightly and dice into pieces
- Add chicken, alfredo sauce and parmesan to pot with pasta and broccoli
- Season with salt and pepper and stir
- Serve with more grated parmesan on top
Hope you enjoy!