I gained 5 pounds on our honeymoon. 5 pounds. The sad thing is I was actually expecting it to be more.
The food was AMAZING! Monfongo. Look it up. We literally had this almost everyday. The last day though, we were monfongod out…? So we decided to go to this pizza place by our hotel. That’s where the inspiration for this meal came.
Vodka sauce in place of pizza sauce?! Genius! Why hadn’t I thought of this before?
The handful of arugula and spinach makes it healthy right?
Plus prosciutto?! Ugh, I just love love love this pizza.
Okay, enough with the questions. Just try it. Now.
- 1 Thin pre-made pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pink vodka sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- A handful of arugula and baby spinach (I bought a bag of it already mixed)
- 1.5 ounces of prosciutto
- 1 ounce pecorino romano to shred over the top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Once oven is preheated spread pink vodka sauce over top of pizza crust
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is brown
- Top with handful of arugula and spinach, followed by prosciutto (I just tore mine up and put on pizza) and finally add the grated pecorino romano
- (This pizza is also really great with a drizzle of balsamic glaze)
Thanks for stopping by to see what I’m craving!