Fall. Is. Here
As basic as it sounds, Fall really is my favorite season.
Football finally starts, pumpkin beer, scary movies and best of all crunchy leaves!
Am I the only one that gets disappointed when I go to step on what looks like a crunchy leaf and there’s NO CRUNCH?!
Anyways, this side dish is perfect for Fall. Delicata squash is like the new it squash that everyone is making. So after suffering serious fomo I decided I had to try it, and it did not disappoint. I drizzled it with a sweet and tangy marinade and roasted it at a high heat and it came out amazingggggggggg.
- 2 delicata squash
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare the squash, carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove all the seeds by scraping them out with a spoon, then cut in half moon slices about 1/2 inch thick
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a small bowl until combined
- Place squash on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Drizzle marinade all over squash
- Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes
So don’t be the only one by the water cooler at work who has never tried delicata squash and make this asap.