Oh, how I’ve missed you.
The time of grilling every night, wearing summer dresses & flip flops everyday and eating mushy potato salad.
Except for me, that is. I make this roasted potato salad that’s crispy, slightly spicy & a perfect side for those burnt hotdogs.
I’ve never been a huge fan of potato salad. It was always the side I skipped at every picnic, cookout or family party. So when I finally tried this potato salad and loved it, I knew I had to share it.
The recipe that gave me the inspiration for this potato salad, I got from a monthly subscription service called Plated. They deliver pre measured ingredients to your door and you make the recipes provided to you. I made some changes to the recipe. I added cayenne- cause you know me, I like it spicy! (The main reason you know me is because this is probably my mom since she’s the only one that reads my blog right now. Hi Mom!) I also added some green onions to give it some onion flavor! Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice baby potatoes in half and put on large baking sheet
- Toss w/ olive oil and salt & pepper
- Arrange potatoes cut side down on baking sheet
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile mince garlic clove and chop green onions
- When potatoes are done, add them to a large bowl. Mix in mayo, dijon mustard, minced garlic, lemon juice and the cayenne pepper
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with green onions