So it’s that time of year again. The day we all use as an excuse to eat an excessive amount of chips and queso and have a few margaritas on a weeknight. For me, that’s just a normal Thursday. But, for all you I’m talking about Cinco de Mayo!
Mexican food is most definitely my favorite food group. From tacos, to enchiladas to quesadillas of course, I just can’t get enough of it! These southwest egg rolls are delicious and pretty easy to make.
The most annoying part of making this meal is rolling up each egg roll, which I have Chad do of course. Aint nobody got time for that. But everything else, you literally just mix up in a big bowl. And for the avocado dipping sauce, just throw in the food processor. Easy peasy. Yes, I just said that. Sooo this is how you roll the egg rolls in pictures.
- 2 Chicken breasts marinated in mesquite marinade (I use McCormick) for a few hours, cooked and diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 5.6 ounce package of Spanish rice, cooked (I use Knorr brand)
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers ( I use Nasoya brand)
- For the avocado dipping sauce:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- dash of cholula hot sauce
- dash of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Literally, you just mix it all in a bowl and then follow the instructions above when rolling them up.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, rotating them once 10 minutes in.
- For avocado dipping sauce:
- Combine all in the food processor and puree until smooth.
- You can make this ahead of time and chill in the fridge.
So go make this now! Thanks for stopping by to see what I’m craving 🙂